|WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?
We spend a lot of time designing the fit of our products and want you to feel confident when selecting your size. There is a general Sizing Chart under the Info section as well as specific sizing charts on each product page with measurements for that particular garment.
If you are still unsure what size to order, drop us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 323-785-0701 and we’ll be happy to help.
|ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS?
FOLLOW THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED WITH THE GARMENT
- Care instructions are included on the product label located on the inside of most garments. Specific instructions provided by the manufacturer of technical fabrics should be followed in addition to the instructions we provide. We recommend following these instructions in order to maximize the garment's performance and lifespan.
CONSIDER USING SPECIALTY CLEANING PRODUCTS MADE FOR TECHNICAL FABRICS
- Specialty cleaning products are available for many technical fabrics. These products rinse away from fabrics leaving no residue, which commonly occur with traditional laundry detergents.
PREPARE YOUR GARMENT FOR WASHING
- We recommend turning garments inside-out, closing all zippers, emptying all pockets and sealing all openings before washing.
DURABLE WATER REPELLENT
- Most of our waterproof and water resistant garments are treated with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating. Over time this coating needs to be replenished as the garment is exposed to use and washing. If your product no longer beads up when exposed to water it is a good indication that it is time to treat your garment with a DWR finish. There are many good DWR products on the market available for purchase. We recommended McNETT REVIVEX DURABLE WATERPROOFING SPRAY. https://www.mcnett.com/gearaid/durable-waterproofing#36230 As a general rule we recommend using a spray-on DWR treatment when you wish to reapply the treatment in between washes. Wash-in DWR treatments are recommended when laundering your garment. We urge you to spot clean. Ensure you target seams and high impact areas. For best results, we suggest to hang dry your garment. Primary contaminants that impact WP/BR performance: Dirt (reduces breathability and water repellency). Smoke (invisible-to-the-eye particles can reduce water repellency). Oils, including sunscreen and insect repellent (reduces breathability and water repellency).
DOWN JACKET CARE
- Washing down items is an event, a process, not something done casually. Many people choose to have a down-cleaning professional handle the task. (Do NOT dry clean a down item, however.) Laundering a down garment (but not a sleeping bag) can sometimes be handled at home, depending on the size of the garment. More often, though, it's better to handle the task at a facility equipped with a large-capacity commercial washer and dryer.
- Periodic cleaning of down jackets is essential to maintaining maximum loft and ensuring the long life of the product.
- Though it is possible to wash your own down product, we recommend that you have your jacket or sleeping bag professionally cleaned by a service that specializes in cleaning down.
D3O PRODUCT CARE
- D3O products should be stored at room temperature, in a ventilated dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Do not store under heavy objects.
- If wet after use, ensure your D3O product is dried before storing.
- Never fold your D3O products.
- If applicable, D3O protectors should be removed carefully from the garment before washing.
- D3O protectors are wipe clean only using a damp cloth.
- NEVER use cleaners or detergents to launder your D3O products.
- Never modify any part of your D3O product.
- If your D3O protector has sustained a significant blunt impact, it should be discarded and replaced.
|ARE YOUR PRODUCTS BACKED BY ANY TYPE OF GUARANTEE?
|AETHER offers customers a guarantee that our products will stand up to the rigors for which they were intended. All AETHER products are backed by a lifetime warranty, which we extend to the original owner in order to safeguard against any and all defects in workmanship and material.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, no piece of clothing can, or ever will, last forever. Over time fabrics eventually break down, seams burst, and moving parts jam. Therefore, our lifetime warranty applies only to a reasonable expectation of the product's lifetime. This period of time is different for each product and is entirely subject to our discretion.
Damages due to normal wear and tear, such as rips, tears, abrasions, UV degradation, misuse, neglect or natural breakdown of materials over time, are in no way covered under this warranty.
IF YOUR DAMAGE FALLS IN ONE OF THE BELOW "NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" CATEGORIES, IT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REPAIR/REPLACEMENT.
- Neglect of Care Instruction
- Damage from a pet or animal
- Burns: (Cigarette, Bonfire, etc. )
- Fading from sunlight
- Button resew
- Fabric/zipper stressed beyond intended use
- Fabric wear over time
- Human Error
- Snag, Scrapes, holes caused by owner
- Fabric caught in zipper
- Unauthorized repairs made
- Used outside of the intended use
- Contact with other fabrics
- Issues with Fit over time
- D30 Pads
- Knits and Sweaters
|WHERE ARE YOUR PRODUCTS MADE?
|All of our products are designed at our headquarters in Los Angeles, but they are manufactured all over the world. Currently, we work with factories in Canada, China, the Philippines, and the United States.
Our decision to move a portion of our production overseas was made with great reluctance. We'd love to do all of our manufacturing in the US and would happily pay a premium to do it. However, to date, we've been unable to find a US manufacturer capable, or even willing, to take on the highly technical garments we've set out to make. The skilled workforce and advanced machinery to do so have moved overseas many years ago - long before we started Aether.
Quality is our absolute top priority. We are unwilling to compromise the integrity of our products in exchange for country of origin. Location will always be a consideration when selecting factories, however our focus will remain on finding manufacturers that have the most skilled workforce, advanced machinery, and technical expertise.
|DO YOU EVER HAVE SPECIAL PROMOTIONS?
|Yes, occasionally, but the only way you will ever know about them is by joining our mailing list. We do not announce these promotions publicly on our website; instead, we offer exclusive deals directly to our fans.
To join, click here
We promise not to bombard you with unnecessary updates and guarantee not to share your information with any third party.
|WHERE DO YOU SHIP?
Anywhere in the world. We ship to US, Canada, throughout Europe, and Japan all the time, but our e-commerce system is set up to take orders from just about any place with a street address.
If you're experiencing a problem please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 323-785-0701 and we will help you submit the order.
|HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
US & CANADA
All orders over $100 qualify for free ground shipping with UPS (US) or FedEx (Canada). Standard shipping rates apply for orders under $100.
Please note that customs clearance is different in every country and that your government may charge additional duties and tariffs on top of regular postal charges.
All overs over $350 qualify for free shipping with UPS or FedEx. Standard shipping rates apply for orders under $350.
|HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY PACKAGE TO ARRIVE?
All orders are processed within 48 hours of being received Monday through Friday. Orders received after 11 AM (PST), on weekends, or during a holiday will be processed on the next business day.
Once an order is shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. This will give you the best time estimate for when your package will arrive.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
|WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?
Aether products can be returned up to 30 days after date of purchase for a full refund, providing the item is in its original condition, with tags still attached. Products in their original condition that are returned after 30 days will be eligible for store credit at the current selling price or the promotional price that was offered at the time of purchase.
We include a pre-paid return label for all US orders, so your return shipping is always free. For more information on how to make a return or exchange, please see the step-by-step instructions in the Returns & Exchanges section below.
Due to logistical constraints, we are unable to accept returns for any 3rd party item sold through our website. The sale of all such products is final.
|HOW DO I MAKE A RETURN / EXCHANGE?
US Returns / Exchanges
Included in your package is a Pre-paid Shipping Label and a Return Form. Fill out the Return Form and place inside the box. If you would like to make an exchange, please mark the corresponding item and list the size/color/item you would like in exchange. Place the pre-paid shipping label on the exterior of the box and schedule a UPS pickup or drop off the box at an authorized UPS drop-off location. That’s all it takes.
Once we receive your package you will be sent an email notifying you that your return is being processed. Most returns are processed within 1 week of being received. Refunds should take between 1-3 days to post to your account.
Canada & International Returns / Exchanges
Due to constantly changing duties and tariffs, we are unable to offer pre-paid shipping labels for international returns at this time. To make a return, fill out the included International Return Form, place inside the box, and ship back to us at your earliest convenience.
If you would like to make an exchange, please mark the corresponding item and list the size/color/item you would like in exchange. Ship back to us at your earliest convenience (We will cover the cost of shipping the new exchanged item to you) Mail your package to the address listed below.
ATTN: Aether Return Processing
6100 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038